LF: Re: Jason test

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Jason test
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:23:40 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dave Pick wrote:

Alberto and all.

Yes I will transmit for one hour from 2000 utc on 137.520 using Jason 0.91
in "Slow" mode.
I have put the software on my web-site in case QSL.net is too busy.
http://www.wireless.org.uk/jason.htm

Dave,
  thanks, also for mirroring the software. Qsl.net seems to be rather slow
these days.

When you transmit, the Normal and Slow settings are perfectly equivalent.
The speed setting affects only the Rx side, as it reduces the number of FFTs
done each second. It would be interesting to receive at the same time the same
transmission, with two PCs, one set to Normal, and the other set to Slow,
to see if the decoding accuracy worsens with the Slow setting...

73  Alberto  I2PHD