LF: RE: Re: Radiated power

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Re: Radiated power
From: "Talbot Andrew" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:16:45 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Problem is, I am horrified at the very thought of having to produce a PCB
for it, let alone soldering it.... SMD make life difficult for the
hobbyists, I am
afraid.....:-(
Alberto  I2PHD

Take the plunge. Get yourself a good headband magnifier and a fine bit for
your soldering iron.  The standard 1.27mm pin spacing SMT devices are then
no trouble.  But I have to admit the 0.635 spacing of these DDS chips does
need a steady hand.

In my last job I did a bit of chip and bond microwave circuitry.  Now that
really IS small !  Bonding 25 micron gold wire onto 0.1mm pads on bare
GaAsFET chips. Some amateurs are doing this now, (using surplus wire bonders), to get on
the 76GHz band.

Andy G4JNT

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information is
prohibited and may be unlawful.