Re: LF: Re: Please give us some signals

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Please give us some signals
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:55:51
Sender: <[email protected]>
 I asked those guys what their computations would give for an EH antenna
for
137 kHz...
The answer was that the diameter would have to be a bit less than one meter, but the length around 17 meters .... this for a computed (by them)
efficiency
of greater than 90 %...
I imagine what my neighbours would think of me should I erect such a
monster in
my backyard... so, even if the EH antenna were a serious thing, that would
not
be a viable solution for many.

Hi Alberto,

Ask these guys what would be the dimensions of a 1% efficiency EH antenna,
maybe more convenient.
I'm sure most of us could live with 1% efficiency, meaning that you get 1
Watt ERP with no more than 100W TX power.
Apart from that I have serious doubts that a EH antenna works the way the
inventors claim (combining separately generated E and H fields to a
'radiating' EH field). Maybe it no more than a very funny looking short and
fat monopole.

73, Rik ON7YD