LF: ZL6QH tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: ZL6QH tests
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 13:35:14 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF Group,

I recorded spectrograms around 137.790kHz last night through this morning, hoping to catch ZL6QH and VA3LK - nothing seen, however. I was using 2 receivers, one connected to the loop antenna, and one connected to my TX wire, in the hope of improving chances of reception - but there seemed to be little difference between the two. I will be recording again later this afternoon until at least 1700.

I would echo John's comments about the two closely spaced lines just either side of 137.790 - When I checked a few days ago, I could not see them, but perhaps it was not late enough at night. If the ZL6QH "dash" frequency is exactly right, it should fall between the two lines, but this would require accuracy of a couple of parts in 10^7. Shifting the frequency up or down a fraction of a hertz would be a safer bet. The double lines fade in and out slowly; at my QTH they weren't really visible by 0700utc. As I recall from last winter, they usually disappear well before dawn, so perhaps not a problem really.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU