Re: LF: Austron 2000 Loran-C RX

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Austron 2000 Loran-C RX
From: "Johan Bodin" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 20:02:32 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Thanks for the nice comments Marco.

Instead of preventing my receivers from drifting, the Austron 2000C
will now prevent my fishing boat from drifting. No big difference.
I wonder if the design engineers at Austron ever thought of this
dual-purpose potential back in the seventies.. :-)

But it's a pity, seeing the unit in operation, quietly locked to the
third rising edge of the Loran pulse, and seeing all the garbage
on the channel, and the propagation changing from hour to hour...

I wish I had seen that...

Well, it should be very easy  to produce an artificial Loran pulse,
with all the coding and the phase reversals... you may think about
using the output of the Shera box to clock the Loran simulator... ;-)))

Haha!!! Yes, I will think about it but I will never ever try to do it, life is
too short to spend half of it creating a "GPS based local in-shack
Loran system"...

73
Johan, SM6LKM