LF: 72.4 kHz received in NC

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 72.4 kHz received in NC
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 23:20:57 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

John said

The "W1TAG Propagation Machine" is giving a favourable opinion at this
point. I saw Dex's 177.777 kHz beacon an hour before sunset (about 1000
km).
Laurie is currently sending a "G" which started at 2130 UTC. Looks like
this
could be another interesting evening.

I have been transmitting on 72.4005kHz QRSS90 since 2300. Transmitting
conditions ideal with dry cold crisp weather but its dam cold in the
transmitting shack; around -1deg C.
Experimented with the a balance between transmitter output and PSU load and
now running 3.8amps into the antenna. I think I will leave the transmitter
on all night subject to any e-mail reports and final check of the PSU.

Regards,
Peter, G3LDO

e-mail <[email protected]>

Web <http://web.ukonline.co.uk/g3ldo>