Re: LF: testgear recovery

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: testgear recovery
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 14:00:00
Sender: <[email protected]>
All the electronics has a mixture of rust from the case and white deposit
from the battery  on some components and eating into the Ali chassis. Does
anyone have any useful recovery actions I can use.
thanks

Peter,

I have read somewhere that the white powder that comes from a leaking
battery becomes even more agressive in contact with water. I suggest to
remove as much of this powder as possible using a fan (hairdryer), best
done in the open. Then remove the remaining powder with a solvent (ethanol ?).

For what it is worth ..

73, Rik  ON7YD