Re: LF: Re. the band is full

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re. the band is full
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 14:35:55 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

Laurie Mayhead wrote:

Dave and Walter have commented on the crowding around 136.922.

Laurie,
I suggested this in a recent message but there was no comment.  Things have
changed a lot since the
original idea, now we have DFCW, 7 LEVEL FSK, and  QRS at various speeds from 1
sec to 120 sec dots plus normal speed CW. We now have new users/operators that
do not know about the old bandplan when everyone was side by side on QRS CW.
I suggested we spread out and try and get a sub band for each mode. At present
all modes are
mixed up around the same small freq area. John/VE1ZJ has also made some comments
about this problem.
I am not in favour of everyone having their own frequency because that would be
inflexible.
Using a mode sub band system then an operator would chose his mode and pick a
frequency unoccupied at the time, the next operator using for instance the same
mode would pick a frequency along side the occupied one etc. Other mode users
would do the same in their sub band.
We could move up the band above 136 khz if necessary, there would still be
enough space for normal CW operators, although for narrow band modes there
should be ample room from 135.7 to
136 khz. Loran lines are not a problem for transmitting in this area and while
CFH remains off air then the transatlantic stations if active could use the slot
above 137.5 khz.
These are my suggestions,comments please from those interested.
de Mal/G3KEV

http://www.lf.thersgb.htm
Dont know wether its still there.  73s Laurie.