Re: LF: Re: g4ftc

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: g4ftc
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 18:24:00 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

David Sparvell wrote:

QTH Camberley, Surrey.

Thanks for the report - it looks like my efforts in putting down more
radials is paying dividends.

I've now got almost a kilometre of 2.5mm^2 wire in my ground system, but my
system losses (including the loading coil) are still well over 100 ohms and
consequently I've having difficulties in getting the antenna current up to
much over a couple of amps.

Hello David.
You are the strongest signal that I have heard for a long time from the South
with your 2 amps antenna current. Others with 4 amps plus are well down on your
signal. Look out for smoke on the horizon. Lots of coils have gone up in flames
before and no doubt many more will go again. Big coil fires and mosfet PA
zapping is a persuit down South !!!!
73 de Mal/G3KEV