Re: LF: Re: Morse on 136k

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Morse on 136k
From: "Steve Rawlings" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2001 08:09:54 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Jim wrote:
Well, maybe not then - but interestingly, I note from the schedule for
the new "Foundation" M2xxx licence on the RSGB web site, that holders
of the Foundation licence will be allowed to run the full 1W ERP on
136kHz. So now it's official - you don't need to pass the morse test to operate on LF...

As far as operation on longwave is concerned, I am concerned that this form
of licencing presents unacceptable safety risks.  I have written to the RA
asking them to reconsider the inclusion of 136 kHz.

Regards to all,
Steve GW4ALG