Re: LF: Re: Morse on 136k

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Morse on 136k
From: "mike.dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 12:14:01 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Jim wrote:
> Well, maybe not then - but interestingly, I note from the schedule for
> the new "Foundation" M2xxx licence on the RSGB web site, that holders
> of the Foundation licence will be allowed to run the full 1W ERP on
> 136kHz. So now it's official - you don't need to pass the morse test
> to operate on LF...

As far as operation on longwave is concerned, I am concerned that this
form
of licencing presents unacceptable safety risks.  I have written to the RA
asking them to reconsider the inclusion of 136 kHz.
Steve GW4ALG

It is certainly true that Foundation Licence does not require "the Morse
Test". However, a knowledge of how to read Morse code must still be
demonstrated. Interestingly, the method used - decoding written dots and
dashes - is exactly what we do with QRSS.

Mike, G3XDV
http://www.lf.thersgb.net