LF: 500 kHz as experimental license in the U.S.?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 500 kHz as experimental license in the U.S.?
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 13:12:33 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LowFers,

I found the following messages on the LONGWAVE MESSAGE BOARD.

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)

Posted by Jonathan W2MXW on August 18, 2001 at 16:26:22:

        Hi all,

        I'm posting this query here rather than to the Lowfer list as 3
attempts to do the latter were unsuccessful - the messages seem
        never to have made it.

        I have noticed frequent mention on the Glowbugs list to which I
subscribe,
        of what sounds like, judging from the context, a number of folks
awaiting
        FCC approval for operation under an experimental license on 600
meters (~500 kHz). Guys
        talking about modifying their boatanchor tube rigs like DX-40's,
etc. to get down there, apparently
        expectant of approval. But no specifics...anyone know anything
about this?
        Doesn't seem to be AMRAD-related, BTW.

        73 de W2MXW

Posted by Mike W2AG on October 01, 2001 at 07:14:21:

Smick W2MXW on August 25, 2001 at 15:05:38:

        Their application is now posted on the FCC site with the file
number 0213-EX-PL-2001, received Sept. 21. The 600 Meter
        Research Group, through W7EKB, is asking for 400w TPO, 200w ERP at
36 locations all over the US, including the RW beacon.
        They report that 440-500 khz was abandoned by all users in the
Western Hemisphere more than 5 years ago (PPA and CLA take
note).