LF: Re: CFA (once more)

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: CFA (once more)
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 15:42:19 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Rik Strobbe <[email protected]> wrote:

[...]
Constructing a 10m high CFA or EH-antenna mounted at groundlevel would
already be a big challenge to most of us, if you size that down to 20m
you get a 10cm high antenna that you have to put on the ground. I wonder if any CFA of that size will work.
[...]

Well, the 20m EH antenna on demonstration was a cylinder of roughly
15cm diameter and 60cm length (by memory).

Some interesting articles (both for the 'believers' and 'non believers')
about the Crossed Field Antenna can be found at :
http://www.eriinc.com/IEEE/

Thanks for the pointer. I read the first three papers and, indeed, the CFA advocates must have had a tough time there...
Another interesting reading is here :
http://www.nrb.org/Magarchives/April_2001/Crows_or_Swans.htm

Unless we all have misinterpreted the meaning of CFA... in this case the
right place to go for info is this :
http://www.cfainc.org/    :-)

73  Alberto  I2PHD