LF: Re: Re: RE: Re: Re: TV QRM.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: RE: Re: Re: TV QRM.
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 19:34:56 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Dave G3YMC

Tom Boucher wrote:
We need to start a list of good and bad TVs so we know which to buy when
we replace our own sets. My main TV is 16 years old so it won't be long!
I would like to volunteer Dave 'YMC to start a list as he is 'in the
trade'. Dave?

Oh, thank you Tom!!  Although I am in the trade, I am not into the retail side
and
see very few of the current models.  Most of the problems we seem to be
experiencing
are with the larger screen and wide screen models, which I also see very few of
(too
big for me to lift...).  Therefore I am not usually in a position to give any
recommendations to my customers about which new sets to buy, except to tell
them that
most are cheap and nasty...  Suggest you keep your 16 year old set working Tom!

I am prepared however to develop an extra page on my website to collate any such
information people send me, which I will publish more or less as received
without
bias or personal opinion.  I will try and get something together in the next few
days, time permitting.

73s Dave G3YMC
[email protected]
[email protected]