LF: LF Antennas

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: LF Antennas
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 00:56:39 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
It seems a long time since I wrote to this reflector. I have been reading
the mail but have been rather busy. I have just sent off all the chapter of
a new book on Mobile radio. This turned out to be more time consuming than I
expected, one of the reasons was the amount of experimental work I had to
do.
An interesting aspect of mobile radio is HF backpacking, working DX using 5W
QRP with a rig that you can carry around. (inspired by the introduction of
the FT-817). This got me experimenting with small antennas and
counterpoises, which in turn gave me some inkling of the problems I was
having operating from LF Amberley. It would seem that an HF backpack is a
useful method of modelling LF antennas.

I have not forgotten that I had promised to put LF reflector material on my
website. This has been on hold since late April but I will resume this work
as soon as possible.

The CFA discussion prompted me to include new item on the web site. It comes
under the heading What's New. Let me know what you think about it.

Regards,
Peter, G3LDO

e-mail <[email protected]>

Web <http://web.ukonline.co.uk/g3ldo>