LF: Re. LF Antennas.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re. LF Antennas.
From: "Laurie Mayhead" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 09:56:09 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
I have given many antenna lectures inthe past and always
the first stumbling block has been "how does it radiate". I
did not fully understand the mechanism and none of the
available analogies such as rotating "smoke rings" of e/m
energy through any light on the subject..Peters " vibrating electron discontinuity "is intuitive and is the first really credible
explanation I have seen. I belive it provides a valuable insight
into the mechanism of radiation the even I can understand.
Further his explanation of radiation resistance provides us with a better understanding of this phenomena. Dont worry about it being simplistic, all understanding starts with a "graspable" theory.
I have yet to digest the rest of his article ie Maxwell etc. but I have no doubt that he will through more light on this indigestible subject.
Thanks  Peter... 73s Laurie.