LF: LF with a difference - Cave Radio and Electronics Group expedition -

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: LF with a difference - Cave Radio and Electronics Group expedition - Cornwall 29-30/09/2001
From: "John Rabson" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 16:38:36 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
2001 CREG Cornwall Field Meet
Dates : Saturday 29th to Sunday 30th September 2001.

Location : St Agnes, Cornwall.

This meet has been postponed twice so far - with a fuel blockade and the
dreaded Foot and Mouth crisis putting paid to our earlier efforts. This time
we are going to make it!

In a break from our usual destinations we are holding the meet in a
non-Limestone area - Cornish tin mines. We should learn a lot about the use
of radios underground in this environment and we will have lots to write
about after this meet. We are being hosted by the West of Cornwall Mines
Rescue Group, who wish to assess the effectiveness of the BCRC rescue radio
(the Heyphone) in metal bearing granite. There will also be an opportunity
to see something of Cornwall's metal mining heritage.

For more details see http://www.sat.dundee.ac.uk/~arb/creg/fieldn.html

John Rabson
G3PAI