Re: LF: ic706

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: ic706
From: "Claudio" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 00:17:51 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: <[email protected]>

On 26-Sep-01 Fabian Kurz wrote:
When I put the big antenna up then it was more than adequate with the pre
amp on.

My FT-890 is more sensitive on 136 kHz when i switch the preamp **off**
.. anyone else noticed that
with a general-coverage rx? the preamp seems to work like an attentuator
down there (unfortunately the att doesn't work like a preamp, hi hi)

Yes, may be a new feature by Yaesu. Also my new FT-100D is more sensitive on
136 kHz with **IPO** on ( I think that mean preamp off but manual does not
specify what they mean with IPO on, on the HF bands IPO on = premp off). May be
that a coupling transformer at he output of the preamp does the bad job.

I writed an e-mail to the italian YAESU rapreentative, they replied that YAESU
need a lot of compliants before to make some improvement. Actally YAESU
responce was that 136 kHz is an unused band.

Please write to YAESU.

I have a 20 dB preamp with band pass filter before the rig. See my WEB site for
schematics.

73 de Claudio

Claudio Pozzi       http://www.qsl.net/ik2pii       happy Linux user
E-Mail: Claudio <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
Date: 27-Sep-01   Time: 00:03:56
This message was sent by XFMail