Re: LF: Re. 73KHz Tuesday

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re. 73KHz Tuesday
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 13:57:45 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Many thanks Mike for the report,sorry I did'nt hear you ! If there is something
wrong with my Rx side on 73, I dont think I know what it is Hi. Of course this
points out the problems for anyone trying to set up equipment when there is
little activity.Please let me know if you will run your beacon again,I should
like to make another attempt using the TX ant. of course this means that I would
not be able to transmit (the TX is remote from the shack and I dont have Ant.
C/O facilities). 73s Laurie.

More worrying is that you couldn't hear Jim who should have been quite a bit stronger than me. I estimate my ERP at 18mW (yesterday's estimated 40mW was an error) from 200W RF. Jim was hearing you at 599.

To test the Rx at 73kHz, tune to the strong Rugby signal just above 73kHz. Even on the south coast this should be S9+40. Next, try HBG on 75.0kHz which should be S9. Most amateur signals will be S1-5, much weaker than on 136kHz.

I will beacon this evening using 3s QRSS on 71.617kHz. If Rugby is still off I will try real CW. With a set up similar to what I have now, I have received QRSS reports from well into DL, so you should copy me.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.lf.thersgb.net