LF: Re. 73KHz Tuesday

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re. 73KHz Tuesday
From: "Laurie Mayhead" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 16:11:52 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Many thanks Mike for the information. I have been doing some checks today and it looks like there are two possibilities,in fact both combine to give the poor result. 1)My recieving loop has a deep null in your direction 2) its quite a few db down on 73KHz. I hear HBG at S6, but using my TX Ant. its S9+5.There is not so much difference on 136 so the loop is considerably less efficient on 73KHz. I will look out for you beacon signal later and hopefully will be able to report better reception.  73s Laurie.