Re: LF: 136 dead band.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 136 dead band.
From: "Steve Rawlings" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 16:30:42 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Tom wrote:

Come on you lot let's have some activity on 136! There is absolutely no
static on the band this Sunday morning and no activity either.

Activity was indeed low, and conditions seemed rather poor. After a late start this morning, I did work Dave G3YMC (08:00),
and Mike GW4HXO (08:29).  Both stations seemed to be about 4 dB
weaker than usual.  I also heard G3OLB working SM6PXJ; F6BWO; and
GW4HX0.  (But I could not hear any signals from Christer, because
of the ever-present S4 signal on about 136.67.)  A 'stranger' in
the form of an intermittent S5 carrier was heard around 136.58.
After my QSO with Mike, I then ran with the 'CQ baton' for an
hour, or so.  After that, I too decided it was time to do some
work in the garden.  I can only hope that a newcomer needing a
test signal benefited from my CQ calls.

On hot summer days such as these, mornings are the quietest times
to be QRV on LF.  See you next weekend?

BTW.  Just in case Alan thought that his receiver was on the
blink again, I should mention that Mike was doing some QRP tests
during our QSO.  I'll leave it to Mike to report the details . .
.
Regards to all,
Steve GW4ALG