Re: LF: 136 dead band.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 136 dead band.
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:58:32 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

Tom Boucher wrote:

Come on you lot let's have some activity on 136! There is absolutely no
static on the band this Sunday morning and no activity either. Where are
all those who advocated Saturday and Sunday activity mornings? I have
got better things to do than call CQ to myself so I'm off to do some
gardening.

Perhaps you are better suited to gardening. Is your antenna working? Maybe
no one wants to work you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I speak frequently to some that have been active on 136 khz and since there
is nothing new to get excited about they and myself do not have the
inclination to get on 136 khz, there are other bands more exciting for those
interested in either a ragchew or dxing.
I think you are flogging a dead horse at the present time - concentrate on
your gardening.
I have several acres under cultivation and have been digging new potatoes
for over 2 months.
plus all the other produce coming along. After the initial blast of
enthusasism from EU a couple of years ago, other countries are very slow to
get involved. I have worked 21 countries to date two way on 136 khz with 4
xband, my signal on 136 khz and await something new to call to get excited.

G3KEV

Where are all those call-signs I have in my log from a year
or two ago? Have they become disillusioned and cleared off as well? Use
it or lose it as they say.

73, Tom G3OLB