Re: LF: Loop antenna by DF3LP...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Loop antenna by DF3LP...
From: "jannsen" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 23:52:14 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Gasparik Richard schrieb:
Hi LF-ers...

        I have build an loop antenna (project of DF3LP). I find that the
sensitivity of the loop with preamp is very low. DFC39 is normaly 50-60dB
over S9 on my LW antenna, but with loop antenna it's 30dB less. I tuned it
for the maximu with serial caps. Directivity is very good (more than 40dB at
90 degrees). It's normal or not ?

73 de Rich OM2TW

Hi Rich, Peter es all
I built Peters loop but changed it in four steps. at the end it was a uge copper-pipe rotary octaeder 15,2 m round. 4,6 to 5,0 m in diam.
from step to step  the nulls got clearer.
but the main reason for building such a monstrum was: With the smaller ones I could not receive for example SVX, i.e. the sensitivity was bad, ur observation, Rich. today I am vy proud of this magnetic loop: never before had such a nice s/n ratio on lf. I will do some measurements conc. the s/n ratio. but guess I have to wait until winter. pse have a look at
www.qsl.net/dj8wx/00010.html.
BTW. have had heavy thunderstorm the last days. xyl: there was a "kugelplitz" in the garden. next day I controlled the magnetic loop. black marks on the pipesurface es some soldering drops I did not notice before but nothing damaged. ah, whats "kugelblitz" on english? flash of lightning biting its tail? regards
Uwe/dj8wx