Re: LF: Loop antenna by DF3LP...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Loop antenna by DF3LP...
From: "jannsen" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 22:36:10 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mike Dennison schrieb:
> I built Peters loop but changed it in four steps. at the end it was a uge > copper-pipe rotary octaeder 15,2 m round. 4,6 to 5,0 m in diam.

Uwe,

I have looked at your web site and can see the loop antenna but I would like
to know how you match it to coax or a pre-amp. Can you help?

Your antenna farm looks good, my 18m long antenna will fit into a small space in your garden.

73

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.lf.thersgb.net

Hi Mike es all,
yes I can help.
pse look up Peters site:
www.qsl.net/df3lp/137kHz/rx-loop.html.
the simple pre-amp works vy good, no IMs. instead of the power supply via coax
I do use an accu.
matching the loop by inserting a wire of 3/4 to 1/2 length of the loop round (find the 50 ohm point by try and error) proposed on this reflector did not satisfy: the sensitivity has gone (but the nulls were some what sharper).
regards
Uwe/dj8wx