LF: Re. Measurment of antenna current

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re. Measurment of antenna current
From: "Laurie Mayhead" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 07:48:42 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Steve,
It seems to me that the current difference can only be due to
1) Radiation from the coil (unlikely)
2)LOSSY capacitance from the coil/feeder to surroundings.

I found that my Ant. current varied about 10% depending on wether it was raining (or have recently been raining). I thought at first that this was insulator leakage or wet trees,but eventually identified discovered that the brick wall close to my loading coil was the culprit.I now have a large sheet of alluminiun against the wall which is grounded.So although there is still a lot of capacity from the coil to this screen it is not LOSSY. Now there is no variation,or at least very little. I hope this helps.
73s Laurie.