LF: Re: Measurement of antenna current

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Measurement of antenna current
From: "Andrew Talbot" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 22:31:14 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
I would have thought the stray capacitance associated with the ammeter when
measuring current at the top of the coil would cause more than enough
detuning to reduce the current by this much.

But there could still be a slight variation due to the effect you describe.
Wouldn't you be better tapping up from the bottom or using a variometer than
tapping down from the top ?

Andy  G4JNT