LF: Stimulating activity on LF

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Stimulating activity on LF
From: "Dick Rollema" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 14:37:45 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
To All from PA0SE,

Steve, GW4ALG, wrote:
Beaconing might have been useful in the early days, but it was,
and remains, a potential source of QRM for many experimenters.
Beaconing is an inappropriate use of our tiny 136 allocation.
Besides, we don't need dull radio beacons - we need bright,
effective communicators . . . to encourage more communicators.

I am not in favour of contests on LF. I think the best way to attract
newcomers to the band is to make yourself heard over the weekends so there
are signals to listen for..
We do miss G4GVC!

During weekdays there is hardly any activity at all on 136kHz and a bit of
beaconing could be useful for the occasional listener.
I would be prepared to do beaconing during some of the mornings and/or
afternoons of Monday through Friday.
Would there be any objection against doing so? And if not, what would be the
best frequency? I would suggest very near or at the lower limit of the band.

73, Dick, PA0SE
JO22GD