LF: Interference to ARGO, a surprise

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Interference to ARGO, a surprise
From: "Larry Kayser" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 18:47:11 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Greetings All:

I have been having a bit of a problem receiving LF signals with ARGO, I am
not able to see the signals due to interference.  I have been looking for
G3LDO with 60 seconds dits and nil just more and more interference.

Today I did a methodical series of test and I have found that the speaker I
have been clip leading into the circuit so I can listen to what is going on,
straight noise of course, is in fact reacting to the large blowers I have
running in my remote site.  The Blowers are the source of interference that
has been driving me almost nuts looking for the source.

Have any of the others had local speakers become a visible component in
their receivning systems?

Larry
VA3LK