LF: Re: 136kHz transmissions

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: 136kHz transmissions
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 20:19:18 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

Larry  said
I have been having a bit of a problem receiving LF signals with ARGO, I am
not able to see the signals due to interference.  I have been looking for
G3LDO with 60 seconds dits and nil just more and more interference.

One of the reasons that have probably made it difficult to receive my
transmissions is that I haven't been transmitting. I put out an e-mail
message on the 18th Feb that I would be transmitting on the morning of the
19th and although I did transmit there was no response of any sort.

The cost of power over here in the UK is not cheap, and to run a transmitter
through the night takes around 6 to 8kW/hrs. Now, while the government has
granted us pensioners an extra £200 for heating costs for the winter months,
we still have to be careful if we are not to run up large energy bills.

I am quite happy to make transmissions over limited periods of time, where
they have the chance of being more effective.
If there is interest I will transmit this week (Monday to Friday) from 0530
to 0630 on 135.920 using a dot period that allows the call to be sent within
the hour.

Anyone interested?

Regards,
Peter, G3LDO