Re: LF: Wolf BPSK across pond

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Wolf BPSK across pond
From: "Les Rayburn" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 11:08:34 -0600
Cc: [email protected]
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 01:06 PM 3/19/01 +0000, James Moritz wrote:
Dear LF Group,

I arrived at work this morning to find that:

> Well, WOLF has successfully crossed the pond. Got two lines of clean
> copy between 0135 and 0200 Z tonight (3/19 Z). Frequency was about 0.13
> Hz below 137.5 kHz. Had to do some tweaking to get the copy. Those
> command line switches do come in handy.
>
> John Andrews, W1TAG

Many thanks to John for this report, and his perseverance. Also to Stewart, KK7KA for developing the mode in the first place. I believe this is the first time a mode other than QRSS or DFCW has benn successfully copied across the pond.

I will run some more tests this evening; details to follow.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU

Congrats to John and Jim on this accomplishment. I'd like to also point out that this successful reception took place on what, the first or second night of transmissions? And in the middle
of March!!

While you don't want to make too much out of a single test, this reception has well as many receptions at great distances in the US make it clear that WOLF must be taken very
seriously has the mode for next season. I encourage all "lowfers" on both sides
of the Atlantic to strongly consider adding the WOLF mode to both your transmission
and reception capabilities.

And, yes, hats off to Stewart, KK7KA for developing this mode...and really also to Lyle Koehler, K0LR who once again led the charge in doing on air testing of this new mode.

Congrats to all again.

Les Rayburn, N1LF
4919 Cox Cove
Helena, AL 35080
XMGR 184.8988khz WOLF Mode
1LF 187.300khz

Looking for a challenge? Try the ultimate weak signal mode, on 1750 Meters!
Visit the Noise Floor!
http://www.highnoonfilm.com/xmgr