LF: Re. Mad Hatters Tea Party

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re. Mad Hatters Tea Party
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 23:49:30 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
There was an exchange of e-mails between Ko and Laurie a few days ago.
>Hi Ko.
>Your pictures are indeed very busy, do you have un-invited guests at your
party?  I see a lot of Loran. 73s Laurie.

Hi Laurie.
I am not sure, but are the lines really there or are they created in the
L202 preamp i am trying?
The L202 does not have a bandpass filter like the other one i use.
Watched 01:00 this morning and the lines were even worse but none was
transmitting inside of them, though the lines were very close.

I felt that the pictures on Ko's website were rather noisy and that they
could be improved. Most of the time there are no amateur signals in the band
so there should only be background noise and Loran sidebands in the
displays.
I have now included some pictures, which show what the 136kHz band looks
like from this QTH. Click on 'Receiving LF Signals' on the home page of the
site shown below. I feel that a bandpass filter would help a lot
particularly with the strong EU broadcast stations just up the band.

Regards,
Peter, G3LDO

e-mail <[email protected]>

Web <http://web.ukonline.co.uk/g3ldo>