LF: RE. ARRL LF News and my LF shack.

To: "rsgb lf group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE. ARRL LF News and my LF shack.
From: "LAWRENCE MAYHEAD" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 09:10:13 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Re. the this anouncement I have  sent the following to the ARRL.

I have just seen the report of events on the ARRL web page,and thought you
might be interested in some more of the details. In early January I had been
recieving
excellent signals from VE1ZJ and VA3LK.So I decided to run a series of
Beacon tests in order to encourage more stations over there to listen .I
started this series on 13/01/01 on 135.922Khz a frequency that it had been
agreed that only I should use.On 24/01/01 Dexter W4DEX reported that he was
looking at my frequency.
Dexter reported on 27/01/01 that he was seeing "hits" on my frequency at
0217utc. On 28/01/01 Dexter reported seeing a "Q" at 0548 the previous
night.He sent a screen shot of this and I was able to confirm that this was
part of my transmission and by measurment I also confirmed that another mark
fitted in with my transmission sequence.We were excited by this and
determined to endeavour to get the whole call through. Dexter achieved this
on the night of 03/01/01.
I think we can reasonably claim that these events constitute the first
sighting of a UK station in the US.   Laurie Mayhead G3AQC.