LF: Amrad beacon ????

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Amrad beacon ????
From: "john sexton" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 01:32:10 -0800 (PST)
Sender: <[email protected]>

Hi All,
I tried looking for the Amrad beacon again last night
(2001-02-08/2001-02-09), but this time at the frequency indicated by Sandy,
WB5MMB, of 136744.9 Hz.
Nothing found at that frequency, but lines were seen at:
Line X: 136745.35
Loran: 136744.8993
Line Y: 136744.75

The Loran line is a local line from Lessay.

Line Y was visible from about 19.30 and faded out at 07.30. It was strongest
after 01.30.

Line X was first seen at 01.30 with a lot of fading. It was at its best from
04.00 onward and also faded out at 07.30.

I have posted an image at http://www.g4cnn.f2s.com/Amradbeacon.jpg (If you retype it appears to be case sensitive.)

Neither line X, nor Y look quite like the image sent by Sandy. A really
accurate measure of the frequency might help.

I used Argo build 119 with 120 sec dots. (one screen width represents 2
hours)

73, John, G4CNN

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/