LF: Re: Re: Re: ARRL News Story

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Re: ARRL News Story
From: "Vernall" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 10:56:52 +1300
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: "mike.dennison" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2001 12:00 AM
Subject: LF: Re: Re: ARRL News Story

ZL2CA wrote:
> I do not agree with your glossing over error-rate in articles:

> Editorial errors give the publisher a bad image with knowledgeable
readers.
> Getting it right the first time takes a lot of beating.

I agree entirely that 100% accuracy should always be the aim, and I
believe
that RadCom and QST both have a high hit rate, but the point I  was making
was that a story with some errors in it will still do more good for the LF
fraternity than no story at all.

37

Moke, X3GDV

Despite the deliberate errors you made in your ending, publishing the wrong
call sign of an amateur radio participant is probably one of the worst
errors that a journalist could make.

Bob ZL2CA