Re: LF: VE1ZZ/VE1ZJ

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VE1ZZ/VE1ZJ
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 12:47:29 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
G3LDO wrote:
I have just had an interesting QRSS QSO with Jack, VE1ZZ. My transmit
frequency was 135.920 and Jack was on 136.501. I used 10s dots, John
3s dots.
My QRSS signal was received by John, VE1ZJ and relayed via 80m to
VE1ZZ.

Congratulations to John, Jack and Peter for moving the two-way QSO a bit nearer.

I suspect that as it stands, the QSO does not count as a "two-way", but it would if (1) Jack's transmitter was keyed down a landline (Internet or even radio?) connection by John, or (2) John's receiver audio was relayed to Jack for decoding at his end. This would probably count as remote Tx or Rx site.

What it does tell us is that there is enough time to complete a two-
way despite the Catch-22 that very slow speeds must be used to get through at all, but there is too little time at very slow speeds to get much information transfer. The use of split speed is a useful development.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.lf.thersgb.net