Re: LF: Re. LF LDO>ZJ<ZZ a two way?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re. LF LDO>ZJ<ZZ a two way?
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 17:05:16 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

LAWRENCE MAYHEAD wrote:

I personally dont think that there can be much doubt that this was a
QSO,between LDO and ZJ, with ZJ having a remote Tx at ZZs location. If there
had been a 250 mile(dist. ZZ to ZJ I belive) switch line between them, when
John identified Peters message he would  have pushed the transmit button! to
reply. Since he did not have this land line he simply asked ZZ to push the
button via an 80 m link,a pretty fine distinction in my opinion.What do you
think ?  73s Laurie.

With 3 operators involved in the qso regardless of the circumstances it is not a
valid two way qso.
Three different qth's!!!!!!!! How desperate can one get to suggest that this
counts as a valid qso.
Stick to the established rules that apply to all other amateur band qso's.
Another factor to consider. To claim awards like dxcc etc each qso must be made
from the same qth, you cannot suddenly go to another qth some miles away and
continue. Except the rules have changed you cannot make say 50 qso's from the
home qth and then go to a friends house a few hundred miles away and make
another 50 qso's then claim the award.
The point being that with the qso being discussed at the VE end two different
qth's were being used
and that is not valid. For a genuine valid qso each end would have to be at the
same qth for transmit and receive, and certainly not involve a third
operator/qth.
I am always amused by what some suggest on this list when dealing with LF and
wonder what is coming next!!!!!!!!!! Making up rules as they go along and
chancing their arm.
Do the honourable thing and aim for a proper qso. A half cooked qso would
command NO respect
amongst the rest of the radio amateur community.
G3KEV