Re: LF: Re. LF LDO>ZJ<ZZ a two way?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re. LF LDO>ZJ<ZZ a two way?
From: "Holger 'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 02:31:38 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF-Group,

just reading Mal's comments with a smile on my face ...

Stick to the established rules that apply to all other amateur band qso's.
Another factor to consider. To claim awards like dxcc etc each qso must be
made
from the same qth, you cannot suddenly go to another qth some miles away
and
continue.

... being active on the HF bands for almost 30 years now, I know how many
of those "net-driven" dx-QSOs came int to the log of a lot of people "...
ok ... 5/9 ... good contact ... next ..." ... god only knows how many DXCC
awards have been worked that way, not only with three people involved, but
an entire group including "net-control" to make them happen ...  ;)

Anyhow, the only "real" amateur-like award I personally recognize is the
Rag Chewer's Club (RCC): have a QSO of at least half an hour with another
RCC member ... *that's* real ham radio (and so relaxing to achieve in QRSS
...).

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)