RE: LF: Re: Another code

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: Re: Another code
From: "Andy talbot" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 08:51:15 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Correct  :-(
But someone has now forwarded the semaphore alphabet so when a few idle few minutes come along ..........

More seriously, we can go on inventing new signalling methods and alphabets ad-infinitum. But we'll always come up against Shannon's law eventually. There is an absolutely fundamental limit to the amount of information that can be sent over a noisy channel in a given bandwidth.

Nothing will change that, and with all the crude signalling schemes we play with on LF, we are many tens of dB short of the Shannon limit. But until hams actually want to start pushing technology again like they did only a couple of decades ago instead of being pulled by it.........

But it is fun playing :-)

Andy  G4JNT

Andy..
You're joking, aren't you?
It would probably end up disregarded too, like some other modes,
by some, and the weather isn't allways that helpfull.
Ko..