LF: Re: Another code

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Another code
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 15:53:55 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Andy talbot wrote:

[snip]
More seriously, we can go on inventing new signalling methods and alphabets
ad-infinitum.   But we'll always come up against Shannon's law eventually.
 There is an absolutely fundamental limit to the amount of information that
can be sent over a noisy channel in a given bandwidth.
[snip]

Odd as it may seem, there is a man (a self-taught one, I am afraid) claiming
the impossible with his VMSK signalling scheme. Don't want to spoil your fun
by revealing here what he is veemently convinced to be able to achieve.

For an interesting reading, go here : http://www.vmsk.org
and for a clearly exposed debunking by Phil Karn, KA9Q,  that many of you know
by fame, go here :  http://people.qualcomm.com/karn/papers/vmsk/index.html

73   Alberto   I2PHD