Re: LF: QRS software

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: QRS software
From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 22:09:59 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
In a message dated 2/20/01 10:24:45 AM Eastern Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

<< Is anyone currently using the QSK facility ? The combination of QSK and precise timing will cause some major changes in
the programme (and some extra hours of work). I am willing to keep the QSK
facility if there is some interest in this option, otherwise I will abandon
QSK.
In case you want me to keep the QSK option, please let me know. >>

I hate to cause a fellow programmer to have to endure hours of extra work, but I would very much encourage keeping the QSK facility.

As dot lengths get longer and longer, it seems to me the QSK facility MUST eventually be used, or we'll reach the point where even the simplest signal report will exceed the length of likely QSB maxima.

Just as it took nearly two years for QRS to catch on over here, it may take even a while longer for the true value of the QSK feature to be widely recognized. But I am convinced that it will eventually happen.

73,
John