Re: LF: Splitting the reflector.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Splitting the reflector.
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 10:43:29 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
G3YSX wrote:
How about in the short term we agree to put an unambiguous marker in
the subject line for the high tech postings (ie [TECH]) and then
subscribers who do not want to see the postings can filter them
straight to the bit bucket.

No need for that, privided attention is paid to the subject line. It is all too easy just to click on REPLY, and have a subject line that referred to an old story.

For instance, the discussions on how to derive accurate timing from frequency standards are very boring to me, but I can usually spot them from the subject line and it takes a fraction of a second to delete them.

I would not be in favour of removing such discussions from the reflector as they are very interesting to many active members of the group - just not to me.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.lf.thersgb.net