RE: LF: How many awards do we have?

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: How many awards do we have?
From: "John W Gould" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 22:18:54 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Petr and others,  Mike is quite correct, but there are also some other
awards that the RSGB sponsor - one for 73kHz and another for 136kHz.  These
along with details of the RSGB, DARC and AMRAD Transatlantic Challenge are
detailed along with the other RSGB HF Awards at

http://www.g3wkl.freeserve.co.uk/awards/hf_awards_index.html

Just in case people are curious, LF is supported and encouraged by the HF
Committee.  That committee deals with matters below 30MHz - maybe with all
the activity on 136kHz we ought to get the committee remaned!

I would encourage all who can qualify for these awards to contact the HF
Awards Manager, as detailed.  For those outside, but near enough to the UK
that there is a reception award for 73kHz amateur signals - it would be good
to encourage more activity and understanding of propagation on this band
before we loose it.

John
G3WKL
RSGB HF Committee member