Re: LF: How many awards do we have?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: How many awards do we have?
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 09:39:02 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Maybe a silly question, but how many awards do we actually have for
trans-atlantic?

I saw a "Challenge" that John received, it is at:
http://www.g3wkl.freeserve.co.uk/lf/ve1zj.jpg

And there is another award which template I placed temporarily at:
http://www.sweb.cz/ok1fig/lfaward3r.jpg

These are both part of the awards scheme set up to commemorate the work of Peter Bobek, DJ8WL, by the RSGB, DARC and AMRAD.

Briefly, awards are for:

1) The first reception of a transatlantic signal (VE1ZJ)

2) The first two-way contact (not yet awarded)

3) The holders of the best DX - whether transatlantic or not - at two points each year (last time it was you and Jack)

Any enquiries should go to John Gould, G3WKL [email protected]

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.lf.thersgb.net