LF: Re: Steckdosen-Amateur

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Steckdosen-Amateur
From: "Hans-Joachim Brandt" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 17:08:57 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear all,

I was also wondering that PA0SE has used this german expression here which, as far as I can recall, had been created already in the sixties. "Steckdose" means wall socket, power point, mains outlet. A "Steckdosenamateur" is the same what in other languages is called an appliance operator or a radio amateur who just wants to "plug and play".

OK?

Ha-Jo, DJ1ZB

Rye Gewalt schrieb:
For the benefit of a poor yank who only speaks one language and wished he
 could
speak several, what's the literal translation of "steckdose"?  I am always
looking for derogatory names for non tinkers and view-grap engineers. I am
soldering iron burns up to my elbows in spite of a (very old) degree in math.
Somehow I like to smell the smoke.....

Regards
Rye
K9LCJ