Re: LF: Fire!

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Fire!
From: "Steve Rawlings" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 17:21:00 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Dave,

I've just had a bit of a disaster!
http://www.wireless.org.uk/newspic38.htm
As discussed with Peter recently, I don't use an RF current meter
for day to day antenna adjustments - I've always favoured 'tuning
for maximum smoke' too!

Seriously though, thanks for sharing your unfortunate
experience.  You're not the first to have their LF loading coil
catch fire (and I doubt that I was the first, either), so it is a
timely reminder for all those using indoor loading coils (or

Regards to all,
Steve GW4ALG