LF: Re: Fire!

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Fire!
From: "mike.dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 18:34:15 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
I've just had a bit of a disaster!

http://www.wireless.org.uk/newspic38.htm

73. Dave G3YXM.

Very sorry to hear of your disaster, Dave.

Many of us have had fires associated with our LF activities, though none
quite as bad as that. I once went out in the car leaving my 73kHz Tx
beaconing, and an hour later was puzzled that the signal had stopped. A call
to my son revealed that he switched it off when smoke came from the plastic
(!) drain pipe of our brand new conservatory as the wind blew the antenna
wire onto it.

I also burnt a hole in the mat on the floor of my car when I put a portable

I admit to being very nervous about running 700W RF overnight. I think I
will move the smoke detector closer to the rig now. I wonder what an
insurance investigator would make of amateur radio practice.

Hope you get it all restored shortly.

73

Mike, G3XDV.
http://www.lf.thersgb.net