Re: LF: Re. QRSS Proceedure

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re. QRSS Proceedure
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 10:38:57
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 20:57 9/01/01 +0000, G3XZX wrote:
Rik Strobbe <[email protected]> writes

PS : no need for spaces, so 'OOO' instead of 'O O O'

However, 'TTT' would need spaces, otherwise it might be confused with
'O' sent once, as some are suggesting could be the procedure.

Alan, G3XZX

Not nessecarily : the 3 dashes in 'TTT' are separated by spaces equal to a
the length of a dash, while in 'O' the dashes are separated only 1/3 of a
dash.
The 'peaks' on the VE1 signal are often rather short (5-10 minutes), so
don't waste time with idle spaces ...

Regarding the number of times you send the report : depends on how well the
other station can copy you. If you haven't got your report yet I would send
it 3 times to be sure, but when I already got an 'O' report it might be
sufficient to send it only once or twice. On the other hand (regarding
transatlantic QSO's) be aware that QSB can be rather fast and strong, so an
you got 'O' few minutes ago can now be down to 'M'.

73, Rik  ON7YD