Re: LF: Weekend tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Weekend tests
From: "John Currie" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 17:34:10 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Petr I will get this right yet.
      We want to give stations who don't have qrss a chance to listen and call
So please, yes wait 2 minutes before you call on qrss.  Once a contact is
underway ,  we will respond as the qso developes,  ie if we get qrss call we
will answer that station only and will only transmit the mode we receive an
answer in .....
   Corrections:
          Line 4 We will listen135.98 to136.05 for cw answers for 18 minutes
          Line 5  At the same time we will look for 3 sec dot qrss  from
135.90  through  135.97 kHz  .
          Line7  We would like to accommodate stations who feel they would
have shot across pond with 10 sec dots.  we are open to suggestions.  Perhaps
we should listen (look) for 10 second dot qrss after say 0300Z  providing a QSO
across the pond has occurred
            I hope this helps  73 de John VE1ZJ

Petr Maly wrote:

Jeez, why this mess?
If I saw you on QRSS giving K, should I wait for another 2 minutes before
calling you? In the segment 135.9 to 136.05 both cw and QRSS stations will
call you? Will you switch to lower QRSS speed after first successful QSO?
Item #5 is unclear to me - freq range - is it mistake?
I will not have phone with me and access to the Internet is very uncertain.
Please let's have clear rules. Not too much time remaining.

73 Petr OK1FIG