Re: LF: Weekend tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Weekend tests
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:49:51 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Perhaps we should listen (look) for 10 second dot qrss after say 0300Z
 providing a QSO across the pond has occurred
             I hope this helps  73 de John VE1ZJ

This would certainly be useful but we will have to modify our procedures for this speed as just a callsign takes more than 20 minutes to send!

I suggest (for 10s dots only) sending the absolute minimum of info, only the suffix and no "K".
For example:

G3XDV: "XDV"
VE1ZZ: "XDV M"
G3XDV "R O"
VE1ZZ (not receiving well): "?"
G3XDV "R O"
VE1ZZ: "R SK"

I will try to get on with 10s dots but I have a peculiar problem as my QRSS generator is a MOSFET keyer with tens of megohms in series with the timing control. Must find where the capacitor is.

73

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.lf.thersgb.net