LF: Transatlantic tests, Sat/Sun

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Transatlantic tests, Sat/Sun
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 14:45:42 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF Group,

Last night, I transmitted 3s dots at the agreed intervals on 135.916kHz, from 2115 until 0630. On receive, the noise level was about 10 - 15dB higher than the previous night due to the QRN. As a result, virtually nothing was seen, except for very faint traces near 136.5kHz at around 0230 and 0430. Unfortunately, VA3LK's posting did not reach me in time for last night, so I was not checking for his signal.

So not an entirely successful weekend, although good in that some signals were received in both directions. But since several stations on either side of the pond have now made it across, it can only be a matter of patience, and being in the right place at the right time, before a 2-way contact is acheived.

Thanks to those who supplied signal reports, and to everybody for their efforts over this weekend. We should try it again soon. In the mean time, I'm off to get some sleep, and looking forwards to a relaxing week at work!

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU